Sunday, April 22

So I'm bad about posting.

Actually, I'm bad about taking pictures of crafty things. I've been doing plenty of random posting on my everyday blog. It's nothing anyone cares about, but apparently it is entertaining to at least one person. I'm trying not to have random entries here because it's supposed to be the organized, coherent crafts only blog. So on to crafts.

I've put down the Rogue hooded sweater for now. I am a few inches into the hood, but it's too unwieldy to work on at my knitting group and the freak cold snap (nothing like seeing tornadoes and a blizzard in your forecast!) is over, so there isn't a rush for it. I'll finish it once I'm home from school in May, and then pack it up until next winter. *sigh*

In an effort to do something summery, quick, and crochet, I've started the Cupcake top from SnB Crochet. I did the back on Wednesday during Lost, Daily Show/Cobert, South Park, and Halfway Home. Yes, Wednesday nights are my TV nights.

It really needs a good blocking. The new Hobby Lobby has almost no yarn, and the only non-worsted cotton yarn came in about 4 shades of hideous, so I'm doing stripes in Caron Simply Soft Brights. It's not as open or breathable that way, but it's soft and durable, and most importantly, pretty. I'm going to have to make some serious modifications to the front to add some boob shaping. With the stripes, I think the only way I can is just with well-placed increases. The beauty of crochet is it's really easy to rip it back and start again, so I'm not worried.

I also got around to making jewelry from the beads my mom and I got in Wisconsin last summer. I made a 16" freshwater pearl and Swarovski crystal necklace for me, and a smokey topaz, crystal, and sterling flower bracelet for my mom. I picked up some head pins today so I can make matching earrings for both.

The big achievement is Dogmar's couch/bed! (Dogmar is 45 pounds of pit/boxer love child.) It's pretty awesome, I must say. I had all the sewing done about a month ago, but I've been slow on the stuffing. She liked it right away. It's her special spot, but she's still within petting range of the people on the human couch. I've got to make a few modifications on the arm part and then I'll take pictures.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do I turn off an Iphone with frozen screen? The usual method of using the narrow button at the top right corner does not work. I guess the phone has some sort of defect. Thanks.
[url=http://cjservices.net/TaxDiscussion/viewtopic.php?p=20666#20666]unlock iphone[/url]

Anonymous said...

I just want too take some time out Thank everyone for doing what you do and making the community what it is im a long time reader and first time poster so i just wanted to say thanks.

Anonymous said...

From the moment the first Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door "coupe" was introduced to the public, other German luxury automakers hit the drafting board. According to the German auto experts at AutoBild, Audi is just over a year away from unleashing its own cleverly packaged sedan.
carwadontester981

Anonymous said...

hotmail com
[url=http://www.viddler.com/explore/hotmail_sign_in]hotmail email accounts free
[/url] hotmail problems

Anonymous said...

Гуманный погода, уважаемые форумчане! Извините, коли не подобный сообразно теме. Простой я давеча купил себе [url=http://rusbyte.ru/index.php?categoryID=125]ноутбук dell[/url] в инет-магазине [url=http://rusbyte.ru]rusbyte.ru[/url] сообразно такой низкой цене! Доставили в течение двух дней, очаровательный качественный девайс. Пользуюсь - не нарадуюсь =) Беспричинно сколько возьмите себе на заметку,который [url=http://rusbyte.ru]www.rusbyte.ru[/url] - изведанный магаз! =) Ныне всё посредством него поручать буду. Еще некогда извиняюсь за оффтоп!)