Tuesday, May 1

Craftster Swap Info

Because let's face it, I tend to be a little sporadic and contradictory. So here for the ease of my swap partners, is lots of stuff about me:

~*~*~ last updated November 1 2009~*~*~

Name: Holly, but I don't care for things with my name on them.

Age: 22

Work: I work as a virtual receptionist for a pretty awesome company. The hour and a half communte each way--not so awesome.

Crafts I do:
--crochet
--knitting
--sewing: bags, clothes, quilts, toys, whatever
--polymer clay
--stenciling
--decorative painting on boxes, frames, journals, etc.
--needle felting
--origami
--woodburning
--stamp making / linoleum block printing
--loom beadwork
--a little jewelry
--resin
--needle tatting
--spinning

Crafts I'm in the process of learning:
--bookbinding (made one, need more practice.)
--shuttle tatting (I just don't get it!)
--embroidery, both regular and punch needle
--chainmaille

Crafts I need to learn:
--pmc(have pmc, but no heat source.)

Crafts I have no interest in:
--scrapbooking
--ATC's
--candle/soap making (really I'd like too, but I'm allergic to tons of stuff.)

Colors/Styles/Things I love:
--purple
--earthy greens and browns
--purple and light / lime green together
--silver
--black
--tropical/ocean blue
--60's/70's kitch, especially the floral fabrics and paintings
--fun, little-kid stuff, like pooh bear, my little pony, unicorns, toys from when I was little (late 80's/early 90's), and the children's section of Ikea.
--dinosaurs and other ancient creatures. But do your research, please. Incorrect dinos, be it name (it's an apatosaurus, NOT brontosaurus!) or posture, really irritate me. And none of these scene kid "dino love" things. My favorite ancient critters are: any sauropod (but especially apatosaurus, brachiosaurus, and amargasaurus), protoceratops, trilobites, and nautiloids.
--birds. I used to volunteer at a raptor rehab center and I love love love owls.
--manatees
--snails
--rabbits
--adorable animals
--trees/vines/leafy things. The only flowers I'm particularly fond of are orchids and tiger lilies.
--Swarovski crystals. love the violent sparkle.
--German, especially Barvarian things. I was a competitive German folk-dancer in high school and I went on an exchange to Bavaria one summer.
--Wisconsin/Packers
--Darwinism/evolution
--things from the 90's.
--socks
--books! My favorites are Dinotopia by James Gurney, A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket, His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman, White Oleander by Janet Fitch, Visible Amazement by Gale Zoe Garnet, and anything involving Raskolnikov from Crime and Punishment is awesome. I also have a thing for King Pellinore and the Questing Beast from The Once and Future King. And I really like Joyce Carol Oates. Children's books are my favorite genre, and chick lit, sci-fi, and mystery are my least favs.
--Kurt Halsey's art work
--clocks. I'm a time whore, I always need to know what time it is.
--logic puzzles, especially the kind with a list of facts and a grid and you make x's and o's on the grid to solve.
--cute, but not baby-cute, things
--celtic knotwork

Favorite Movies, in no order:
--The Lion King
--A.I.
--Ghost
--Peter Pan
--The Fountain
--A Knight's Tale
--Toy Story
--Finding Nemo
--The Last Unicorn. It's also a book, which I have been unable to find.

Colors/Styles/Things I do not like:
--orange and yellow (acceptable in kitch)
--gold
--brass
--hot pink
--plaid
--trendy
--prissy
--animae
--emo/punk/scene kid
--art dolls in general and human (as opposed to animal) dolls. I do like revamped my little ponies.
--religious/spiritual stuff
--really feminist things
--being cold
--mohair
--violence/gore

Measurements:
--wrist: 5 1/2 inches
--ankle: 7 3/4 inches
--head: 21 1/4 inches
--bust: 33 1/4 inches (size 30-32 E-F...I have a tiny ribcage.)
--waist: 25 inches
--hips: 33 inches
--back waist length: 16 or 17 inches. I have a long torso.
--total height: 5 feet 4 inches
--shoe: 6 1/2 or 7, usually 6 1/2 now
--ring: ranges from a 7 for my thumb to a 3 for my pinky.
--store bought tops: adult small in unisex or misses, medium in juniors
--store bought bottoms: 0 or 1, and occasionally 3 depending on the brand.

Things I can always use more of:
--craft supplies! Everyone who knows me will disagree, but the goal is to have the biggest stash, right? In that vein, I love vintage yarn, especially "Dawn Odyssey." It feels so horrible, but it sparkles!
--clothes, especially fall / winter tops.
--socks
--non-dressy earrings. I have two holes in each ear, one regular, one gauged to 6.
--warm cuddly things. I am a camel living amongst polar bears.

Things I don't usually need/want:
--small pouches/bags/cozies. medium or large bags are ok.
--blank journals. I can't bring myself to use them.
--any sort of "feminine supplies" item or holder

Allergies:
--any strong scent, especially violet or lavender.
--for the most part earrings have to be hypoallergenic/nickel-free/sterling silver/surgical steel.

Other info:
--I don't care if something's vegan/organic/whatever.
--my inner child is seven, and loves to come out and play!
--I like thinking type stuff, but no math!
--I cry a lot at movies. It's a little embarrassing.
--I am one of those super-true-love, attached-at-the-hip, type people.
--organization, smorganization.
--the most important part of a skirt or dress is the twirl factor.
--I am the mom to a black and white mystery mutt named Dogmar, and I wuv her. She likes pretty things and pretending to be chain chomp, i.e. eating/chewing everything. I also have a Dutch/lionhead rabbit named Bigwig. He is quite adventurous and loves to chew everything except his toys.
--I have a Nabaztag/tag named WinnifredPHastings, but Winnie is easier to say. She likes to play dress up, as you can see in my profile pic. Her ears are 3" long and 3.5" around at the widest point. Her "waist" is 13" and her "hips" are 16.25" Length between her waist and hips is 3"

No comments: